Thursday, September 16, 2010

I could get used to this...

Hello my beautiful friends and family!!!

I miss you all dearly, but I have to admit, I am having the time of my life over here in Europe!!  So the last time I blogged, I believe we were in Paris.  Oh, Paris...how I love Paris.  There are so many things I could say about Paris, but I will just start with my favourite part...it is SO ROMANTIC!!!! There are couples everywhere who are not afraid to show one another how they feel.  They are very affectionate (which I thought I wouldn´t like) but it is so beautiful to see people who are not ashamed to proclaim their love for another person!  Of course, me being the hopeless romantic that I am would ooo and awww every time I saw a couple do something cute (*cue Matt rolling his eyes).  If you every go to Paris, the light show at the Eiffel Tower is a must, as well as spending at least 3 hours at the Louvre.  Incredible works of art!

From Paris we journeyed to a place called Irun, Spain, which is where we had a 10 hour layover before continuing on to Lisbon, Portugal.  I was not expecting much from Irun, Spain, but it completely surprised me with its incredible architecture and absolutely beautiful beaches.  We spent the day soaking up the sun before making our way back to the train station, and then continued onward on our first over night train journey (which rocked by the way) to Lisbon. 

Let me tell you...if you ever thought about going to Lisbon, Portugal, DO IT!  This place is breath taking.  As you can see from the pictures on facebook, our hostel was incredible, and we had a view from our balcony that overlooked the entire city, which included the historic Castelo S. Jorges.  Lisbon is very easy to get around and we were very impressed with the public transit system.  We spent our second day there in a place called Caisus, which was the beachier part of Lisbon.  Took a train about 30 minutes outside of the city to this lovely area filled with multiple beaches, cobble stone streets, and the coolest hiking adventure EVER!  I´m talking about Bocca do Inferno.  It was about a 30 minute hike from Caisus, but was one of the most beautiful sights I have seen thus far on the trip.  We took off over the razor sharp rocks and adventured between the cliffs and then after a while decided to head back to the beaches.  I am proud to say, after an afternoon on the beaches of Lisbon, I  no longer look like a tacky tourist with pasty white skin! haha.  Our last night in Lisbon we made dinner and drank out on our beautiful balcony, and talked into the wee hours of the morning, which was great seeing as its really been four years since we´ve been able to spend a significant amount of time together.  We really are two peas in a pod!

After a horrible attempt at sleeping on the night train to Madrid, we finally arrived, which brings me to where I am now.  Cats Hostel is great so far, but I will definitely keep you updated with details about our crazy adventures in Madrid!!!

Before I end this super long blog I want to leave you with some facts I have learned thus far...
1. I have never seen sexier men than I have in these past 7 days in Europe.  Holy moly.
2. Cheap wine is amazing- don´t underestimate its quality or its ability to make you incredibly tipsy!

Big love and friendship,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment