Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wine, love, and a bit more wine from the coast of Italy!

Hello everyone!!!

We have arrived in ITALY!!!  We spent one night in Milan, which is an absolutely lovely city.  Let me tell you.  If you ever go to Milan, take your best clothes and ensure that you do not look like a tourist.  This city is filled with so much beauty, even though I was wearing a nice dress, I felt TOTALLY underdressed!!  The people in Milan have such a fabulous sense of style, and make it look so easy too!  And ladies, let me tell you, this city is FULL of the most GORGEOUS men I have ever seen in my entire life. I felt like I got whiplash from all the stunning men that were walking past me on the streets.  DAYUM!  Funny little sidenote...the hostel we were staying at was an old psychiatric hospital which was surrounded by a tall cement wall with big rusty gates locking us in at night.  All I could think of was the Blairwitch Project or The Grudge...but I slept better in this hostel than I have the whole trip!

Onward to Cinque Terre, a collection of five small villages off the coast of Italy.  We arrived here today, and we are actually staying in this cute little campground!  We have this cabin/trailer to ourselves which is a nice change from a 10 person hostel!  As we were coming in on the train, the water sparkled like Ive never seen before in my life.  What I would have given to jump right from the train into the Mediteranian!  We had dinner at this little Pizzaria on site and it was the best pizza we have had in our entire lives!  I am seriously considering marrying the owners son (he makes a mean pizza) and living off dough, cheese, love, and proscuitto. 

Tomorrow we are tackling our hiking adventure and then spending the entire afternoon on the beach.  We will be thinking of you all as we bask in the glory of our present Italian life.  Send us life updates and messages when you can- we would LOVE to hear from you!!!

Big love and friendship,

Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment